Hop On, Hop Off Bus Tours
in New York City
Getting around NYC can be a hassle, especially when visiting the city for the first time. The subway can be confusing and daunting to some, cabs can get expensive (especially with our traffic) and walking is not always
A great alternative, especially for the first time visitor, is getting around town by taking advantage of a Hop On, Hop Off Bus Tour.
Hop On, Hop Off Bus Tours allow you to take a guided tour around the city from the comfort of a big double Decker bus that stops at all the major attractions. The great part about these types of tours is that you are free to hop off the bus
at any of the attractions, spend as much time as you like enjoying it and then hop right back on the bus to continue on to the next destination.
However, like most things in life, there are pros and cons to the Hop On, Hop Off Bus tours and here they are:
The Pros of Hop On, Hop Off Bus Tours
- They make getting around the city easy. You just hop on, sit back and ride.
- They stop at all the major attractions, so you don't have to worry about finding your way to them.
- At one time there was just one tour operator, but now there are several to choose from, which means more competition and better pricing.
- They usually have tour guides who ride along with you and point out the various places you can visit and tell you some interesting tidbits of information about each of them.
- If the tour bus drops you off there, you can be confident it's safe for tourists.
The Cons of Hop On, Hop Off Bus Tours
- They can be expensive, especially for a large family.
- During peak visitor season, the busses get crowded and you might have to wait in line a long line before you can fit on a bus.
- Traffic in Manhattan is horrible. Oftentimes, the tour bus will have to crawl along with the rest of the traffic, cutting into your sightseeing time.
- You will be sharing the bus with other tourists who may be noisy when you're trying to listen to the tour guide, and some of them are slobs, so the bus may be messy.
Hop On, Hop Off Bus Tour Companies
||Rated #1 hop-on, hop-off tour on TripAdvisor, you can't go wrong with Big Bus Tours.
- See all the major sights in New York City
- Live commentary on every bus
- Choice of 10 recorded languages on every bus
- 4 Tour Loops - The Uptown Loop, the Downtown Loop, the Brooklyn Tour and the Night Tour.
- Tickets send right to your smart phone
- Exclusive dining and shopping offers and complimentary cruises
- Official Website - bigbustours.com
|| Gray Line Tour's City Sightseeing is the oldest tour company operating Hop on, Hop off bus Tours in New York City with extensive routs and private tours.
- Knowledgeable tour guides to give commentaries during the bus tour
- Tour narration available in 11 different languages
- Bus loops, including Downtown, Uptown, Brooklyn, and Bronx Tours
- FREE night tours included in some packages
- Additional tours, attractions, discounts and more are available
- Official Website - www.citysightsny.com
||This is a newer tour company that's providing hop on, hop off tours around the city.
- Downtown, Uptown, Brooklyn, and Bronx Tours
- Specially designed buses with 365 degree viewing from every seat.
- Additional tours available
- Official Website - http://www.gonytours.com
So if you're planning your first trip to New York City and want an easier way to get around town and see the wonderful sights the city has to offer, a hop on, hop off Bus tour would be right for you.